Read more to find out if we have any openings for youu
Technical Support & Project Delivery Technician (Level 2 Role)
CARA Technology are an established Managed Service and IT Support business supporting in excess of 150 small businesses across the Northwest of England.
The company was founded in 1991 and has a superb team of long term employees that enjoy a superb working environment and a culture that encourages personal development.
There is a strong emphasis of having fun, whilst getting the job done within the office and regular social activities underpin the team ethic.
We are currently expanding our operations and are growing at a rate of 3 new clients per month and require a new team member to join the business. This person will be part of the service desk team and will also assist in delivering migration projects as well as onboarding new clients.
The successful candidate will be at home as part of a team but should also have the ability to work unsupervised. They will have ability to take ownership of a situation and follow it through to a successful conclusion. They will be a natural problem solver, detailed and methodical in their approach with the ability to recommend appropriate solutions to client requirements.
The business uses industry standard tools from including Continuum RMM from ConnectWise, Autotask PSA from Datto and IT Glue documentation from Kaseya. Whilst it is not imperative that you have experience of these specific products, you should be used to using similar tools.
Primary Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve IT problems, across a wide range of systems including Windows and Mac operating systems
- Assist in the onboarding of new clients and the migration of their data to Microsoft 365
- Document all support ticket work within the helpdesk system
- Create and update site specific documentation in the relevant libraries. (This will involve the creation of articles on common fixes to enable users to become more self-reliant)
- Diagnose and resolve networking issues
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical clients Show self-initiative and action work in the aid of maintaining client system stability
- Attend training courses as identified as appropriate for development
- Proactively look to attain knowledge in new technologies and follow Industry trends
- Take responsibility, agree, and follow a plan for onboarding new clients and where necessary migrate existing data and email services into Microsoft 365
- Strong level of general education with GCSE grades A-C in both English and Mathematics
- Any industry-recognised qualifications are desirable (MCDST, MCSA, ITIL, CompTIA, or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years working in an IT support role (ideally for an MSP)
- Significant experience of Microsoft 365 Administration
- Strong computer skills and computer literacy
- Understanding and experience of managing network devices including Firewalls
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work methodically and patience to see a solution to a successful conclusion
- Self-driven and motivated to work without direct influence
- Ability to prioritize accordingly and work under pressure to meet SLA’s
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner, face to face, over the phone and in writing
CARA Technology are offering:
- Salary - competitive salary – (depending on experience)
- Working Hours: Mon – Fri / 08:45 – 17:30 (except Bank Holidays)
- A superb environment that provides strong opportunities for personal development and a good career path within the business
- Holiday: 22 days per calendar year (increased periodically)
- Private Health Care options
- Company pension plan
- Pizza on Fridays!